We saw this video posted on CloudAve, and it got us thinking about the VC perspective on the cloud.
Typically, VCs are thought leaders when it comes to big technology shifts. We have distilled the video down to the most important VC perspectives on the cloud:
- The biggest barrier to cloud adoption is security - both identity security and data security.
- In the future, people will only build infrastructure in the cloud, not on premise.
- The ability for applications to talk to each other in the cloud will be a major development.
- The cloud is all about balancing convenience and security.
- The cloud will enable people to think about how to advance their business, instead of how to make technology work.
- Big enterprise IT is very big. Therefore, there will be lots of opportunity for cloud players to facilitate the big enterprise IT evolution.